Friday, February 05, 2010

Ruhlman's Buttermilk Dinner Rolls

I'm at a loss for dinner ideas. Instead, I spent my afternoon making Buttermilk dinner rolls.

Rulhman's recipe is here.

So the family will have chicken soup for dinner at least the rolls will go in hand.

His recipe and my results after the break.


weight not volume! Yes I weighed the flour!

I didn't have help with the camera so I wasn't able to take shots of the forming of the rolls. (Hey, all I had was my blackberry, and I still haven't gotten the maple syrup out of the usb outlet.) I found when I formed the rolls, I referred back to copy of The New Best Recipe Cookbook, from Cook's Illustrated. I used the same technique in making their Parkerhouse Rolls. Take the ball of dough, place on counter, place cupped hand over ball and roll around in circles until it forms a tight ball.

eggwash rolls After the two hour rise and shape, ready to go into the oven.

out of springform pan I really don't like springform pans, but they do make it easier.



hot rolls

needs honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment