Monday, March 01, 2010

Momofuku Milk Bar Compost Cookie

Momofuku compost cookie

Amateur Gourmet posted about Momofuku Milk Bar's Compost Cookie. Seems the recipe was posted on the Regis and Kelly site. Wohoo! I have yet to run across a terrible recipe from David Chang and his crew of insanely genius chefs. The first time I made one of his recipes was Thanksgiving 2008. My SIL brought the recipe for his roasted brussel sprouts with Japanese marinade. I now love brussel sprouts and in fact will only roast them or cabbage now.

Lately my son has been asking for cookies and well I get lazy, and I worry that he will eat 6 dozen cookies in one day. Hey, it's happened between my son and husband depending on which cookie is made. I like to make a batch, scoop and freeze, so we can maintain some semblance of portion control when it comes to sweets. The same goes for cookies I like too.

Now this cookie is insane. A chocolate chip cookie with pretzels and POTATO CHIPS! I told Bella and she thought that was insane. It is insane, but I can't imagine life without it. I did skip the potato chips, but used pretzels, mini chocolate chips, and crushed heath toffee bars. This cookie requires a Kitchenaid. The mixing time is quite long.

momofuku compsot cookie dough

Because of the long mixing time, the dough is really light. I don't make big cookies. I like little ones, you get to eat more for the same amount of calories. I use a 1oz cookie scoop and froze most of the cookies. So I froze the cookies instead of putting them in the fridge for 30 min. It worked just fine. These cookies are out of this world! Next time I make them I'm putting more stuff in them. These cover just about every craving a girl may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment